Tuesday 28 May 2013

Margate Meltdown!

I have been an absent blogger over the last few days but it was a long weekend and I wanted to spend some quality time with my family.

We had a lovely few days, on Saturday we went to a local restaurant for lunch, just the 5 of us.

Sunday we got up and out of the house by 8.30 to wander round a couple of boot fairs. It was a pleasant morning and we picked up a few good bargains. After lunch I took on the mammoth task of cutting the grass in the back garden. We have a petrol mower that moves forward on it's own so I spent the afternoon being dragged around the garden squealing!

On Monday we went to the Margate Meltdown which is a Harley Davidson Rally. Fish & chips, lots of bikes and live music and we even got to play on the sandy beach.



Fish & chips on the packed sea front

 
 
Some crazy Harley designs 
 


After that we came home and sat in the garden, enjoying the sunshine.
 
My Mum & Me


My 9 year old niece



 
Me & My Dad 


So a weekend full of family & fun - but no fitness! Today is the first day of my lower carb meal plan and hopefully my 2 - a - day workouts.

I started off today with 2 boiled eggs over spinach, mushrooms and onions.

 
I didn't enjoy this that much, too many onions. I need to think of some other ways to get in a low carb breakfast.

I am taking the boys to the cinema to see Oz the great and powerful this morning and I am struggling to think of a healthy snack to take. I may just stick to a diet coke.

 
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend too x x

No comments:

Post a Comment