Monday 18 March 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Day 15


Day 15 - Hello Workout 3

So today I got to meet workout 3 and find out what new craziness Jillian has in store for me. I had a bit of a stomach ache this morning so I didn't work out until after lunch. I don't like doing it that way, I don't feel as energised then. Anyway, I sucked it up and began.

Well let me tell you there are all kinds of new moves in there. As with each new workout, you have to watch a little to get the hang of the moves first. Full military style push ups feature in circuit 1. I don't know about you, but I STILL suck at these. So I did as Jillian asked and just tried (she kind of sighs the word TRY and drags it out in her gravelly voice, you can hear her now, can't you?) I will get better at these but for now it's back to my knees after a couple of reps.

There is a plank that turns into a yoga lunge type thing, boy did I struggle with that. Not so much the move, but just grasping what on earth I was supposed to be doing. I think it will take quite a bit of practice to get that one right.

The resistance band comes into play again here and it's much simpler to step into the move (no wrapping around feet this time) This move BURNS - A LOT. I liked it though :)

There is quite a bit of ab work and a lot of planking, including plank ups as seen in the 30 day shred. They all started having a little race with this but I just left them to get on with it and tried not too fall flat on my face.

Workout 4 tomorrow, super excited.

Food

Breakfast today was 2 slices of wholemeal toast with cheese spread and marmite.

Lunch I had leftover chicken stew form last night and 3 rice cakes with cheese spread & some sweet chilli sauce for a change. I also had 2 Mr Freeze ice pops, I love these, they are only 26 calories each and satisfy that sweet craving you sometimes get after lunch.

Dinner tonight is a Cajun chicken cook in the bag meal. I have added chicken breast, rice, leeks and sprouts to this seasoning


OK I have no idea why that picture is sideways? I tried to rotate it like normal. Oh well I'm new to this blogging game, forgive me lol

So when all the ingredients are put in the bag with a little water it looks like this



 


You then bake it in the bag in the oven for about 40 minutes and voila! I will post photos of the finished product tomorrow.

I am really trying to kick it up a notch this week with my food. I am logging on MyFitnessPal everyday (my diary is open & my user name is vickiaf if you want to friend me, just let me know where you found me!) I am trying to stick between 1200 - 1400 calories to give my body a push & burn more fat.

Speaking of burning fat, I'm looking into purchasing a heart rate monitor. I have looked at the Polar F4, F7 and the Suunto M4. If any one has any advice or recommendations please feel free to leave me a comment. I would like to know how many calories I really burn in a day, it will help me stay on track.

I'm off to spend some time with my boys before I pack them off to bed and as Oscar got me up at 4.30 am today, he will be going a bit earlier.

Until tomorrow keep pushing x






No comments:

Post a Comment