Wednesday 27 March 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Day 24

Day 24 - Cardio 1 (or not!)

Well no cardio one for me today. I will change my rest day this week from Sunday to today and do my last cardio 1 then. As long as it gets done, thats all that matters.

I am EXHAUSTED! Last night was round two of no sleep. It is killing me. Because he is so poorly, my little guy wont even nap during the day which = no nap for mummy either! (not that I normally take a nap but I really could have done with it today)

When I get this tired I get really hungry. I don't know if I'm just trying to get my energy from food insted of sleep or what but it is not good. I grazed all day yesterday to keep me going and today has not been good so far. BUT - instead of using this as an excuse to eat crap for the rest of the week, I said to myself "No, this stops now"  I can make good choices for the rest of the day and week. There is no need to turn this into a downward spiral of over eating.

I've had a little look on MyFitnessPal for success stories, googled a few exercise plans and their results and read through my weight loss journals that I've kept for the last 5 years and Mrs motivated is back!

I was looking for some different recipes for next week as it is easter holidays here and Mr F is off for the week. I made almost a whole weeks meal plan. Then I looked at it and thought Nope, scrap that and start again. There is no need to have a weeks worth of unhealthy food. I am planning a big roast dinner with all the trimmings for Easter Monday but other than that I will go back and plan healthy meals for the rest of the week. I am going to take a look at the fat burning meal plan form Body Revolution and see if anything takes my fancy.

How about you - do you have any favourite low calorie meals I can try? If so please share (the recipe, not the food) although if you want to come over and cook for me, you are most welcome :)

Here is one I used to have a lot so I have added it to next weeks meal plan

Creamy Chicken Bake

Serves 4 - 340 calories per serving

Low fat cooking spray
300g (10 1/2 oz) Skinless chicken breast, diced
2 small courgettes (zuchini) sliced
175g (6 oz) Fusilli
600g (1lb 5oz) Passata with herbs
200g tub low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs

Pre heat oven to gas mark 5
spray low fat cooking spray into a pan and fry the chicken and courgettes for 3-5 minutes until browned
Boil a pan of water and cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes only
Add the passata and 100ml of water to the pan with the chicken and courgettes in and bring to the boil
Remove from the heat and add the soft cheese and drained pasta
Pour into a baking dish and cover with foil
Bake for 40 - 45 minutes until pasta is soft

Serve with a large side salad

It is really yummy and remember you can change the passata for tinned tomatoes or use different vegetables, Just make sure you calculate the final calories using the ingridients YOU use.

Ok so I will be back tomorrow with a workout to report on. Sometimes life gets in the way but just Keep Pushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment