Friday 22 March 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Day 18

Day 18 - Workout 3

Hello again workout 3! I love/hate this workout. I love it because it challenges me but I hate it because parts of it I just don't get. Ok it's mainly the plank into crescent move - What is that all about? I really need to practice this one because It's making me so angry every time I try and fail! If any of you are doing or have done BR please give me some tips on it - pretty please!

On the plus side - my camel was spot on and I'm proud to say I am actually quite good at it. The cardio intervals in this workout are fun, I really like the ski jumps, they get my heart pumping!

Speaking of my heart rate, look what's coming today

 
Yes my wonderful husband, Mr F has made me order the Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor. I am so excited to see what calories I actually burn throughout the workouts and throughout the day. I have never had one before and I think it will help me step up my fitness to the next level!
 
Stats
 
I have had some people ask me my actual stats not just how much weight I've lost and what I want to lose. The reason I didn't put this up before is because I NEVER tell anyone what I weigh - EVER. But I figured you can't have a weight loss blog and expect people to follow you if they don't know what they're looking at (huge deep breath now & I know Mr F will read this - I've never even told him!)
 
Height 5ft 4"
 
Weight
 
October 2012 - 188 lb
March   2012 - 164 lb
 
Goal for 2012 - 140 lb
 
So there you go, that is me. 188 lb is not my heaviest weight, some time after my 2nd Son I weighed just over 200 lbs (only just but on 5ft 4" it is not healthy)
 
These numbers do not define me though and I am coming to realise they mean less and less. Take today for example, the scale is showing a 2 lb gain. I know, however, that eating 1200 calories and exercising for an hour and a half a day, 6 days a week, I have NOT put on 2 lbs of fat. It might be water, too much salt in last nights dinner or muscles retaining fluid to repair but it is not fat. I have come a long way on this journey. Seeing that gain would normally of had me in a sulk for the day and put me in a "what's the point in trying?" mindset. Now I rely on my clothes and what I see in the mirror much much more. That is what is important now. I am getting stronger, I can do so much more than I ever thought I could and I am giving it everything I've got.
 
If you are struggling to come to terms with the scale number when you've been working out and eating right, IGNORE IT. Put the scale away and get out the tape measure. Try on some old jeans that were too small for you. Look in the mirror or better yet at old photos and compare yourself. Your body will change, it just doesn't always show where you think. Don't get disheartened, JUST KEEP PUSHING!
 
I will be doing workout 4 later on this morning, so will be back later to update and hopefully have my heart rate monitor to chat about.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah! What a great blog you have published. I like it and i will share it to others.
    Brea Dentist

    ReplyDelete