Tuesday 26 March 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Day 23

Day 23 - Workout 4

Well Oscar was up all night so I was shattered this morning. It took me back to when the boys were newborn, I can't remember how I ever coped with getting up at night. Anyway I got on and did workout 4 and I am glad I did.

I like this workout better than 3, I don't know why. I decided to take Jillian's advice and push my up button on the weights today and started off using my 10 lbs. I switched to my 5 lbs for the one where you hold them over your head and kneel backwards then push back up. I also used my 5's for the good mornings as my 10's are big and cumbersome and don't really fit on my neck. I used 10's for the leg raises and really felt it!

I can't really believe I only have one more of that workout to do, it has gone by quickly. My weight seems to have officially gone up by 2 lbs this week. I was annoyed and started to do some research. It looks like this is more common than you think on this programme and I would say for every person who lost a load in phase 1, there was another person that didn't or that gained. I also looked into overall results and am pleased to note that the only people who lost nothing on the programme were the people already at their goal weight and even then they saw body changes. Everyone I found who started with weight to lose, did indeed shed some pounds, more so after phase 2.

So if you are struggling to stay motivated due to a weight gain or stall, forget about it. The scale is just one piece of the puzzle. Yes we all want it to go down but at the end of the day - only you know that number. The rest of the world just sees you and your changing body

So there is hope. I am not quitting. I will persevere because I know Jillian knows what she is doing and the results will come eventually. I have never been this active in my life. I did couch to 5 k a couple of years ago and found that I love running. Even then I would only run 3 times a week. I am proud that I am sticking to 6 days a week and I love the fitness improvements I am seeing.

Todays burn:





Food

I had yesterdays leftover prawn salad for lunch and dinner will be lean beef mince in a spicy tomato sauce, roasted vegetables and couscous. Tracking my calories has not got off to a good start this week due to sick children but I'm not too worried. As long as I get my workouts done, I can get the logging back on track later this week.

Whilst surfing the net last night I came across this


I may have to get one to work out in haha!

My quads are sore when I stand after todays workout, more so than before. Maybe it's because I used my 10 lb weights this time. Whatever it is I am glad. I need something to remind me what I've achieved and what I'm striving for.

I am off now to tend to my poorly little man. I am sooo tired and would really like a hot bath and an early night but we shall see.

Until next time - Keep Pushing x x








No comments:

Post a Comment