Sunday 24 March 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Day 21

Day 21 - Rest, Reflection & Easter Projects


Happy Sunday everyone.

Can I just start the day by giving a big warm welcome to my very first follower Becky. Really, you should get a prize or something lol! Also hi to Lindsey who added me to her Google + circles.

 Everyone else who reads this, see that little bar on the right hand side that looks like this 

        

Click on it and follow me, then you can get updates on all my ramblings, you know, just in case you miss me :)

No seriously, my goal is to get fit and healthy, but also to motivate others to do the same. If just one person who reads this blog decides to workout, or eat better because they see that I can do it, then I will be thrilled.

I get it, working out is hard, eating right is hard, but believe me if I can do it - SO CAN YOU. If you want to leave me a comment, add me on MFP or even send me a private email, if I can answer your questions or give you some support & motivation I will, gladly.

Ok back to my Sunday. Well I have just eaten not one but TWO of these sandwiches



Hey look there's me in the saucepan reflection on the right, hello!

Mmmm the original BLT. Yes I ate 2. I am stuffed but happy. I AM trying to lose weight and I DO want to be healthy but I also want to be HAPPY. I intend to live my life to the full. If I want TWO bacon sandwiches on a Sunday I will have them. I may not have lunch (too stuffed). I will still get up tomorrow and workout. I will eat within my allowance all week. This is a journey for me, for the rest of my life. I cannot count calories every single day forever. I need to have a meal or a day or even a weekend now and again where I am just me.

Mr F is home today and the house is as it should be. Loud, crazy and full of love. I wouldn't have it any other way. Mr F mentioned today that I am getting shapelier (is that even a word?) and more defined. I bit back with the reply that I always had a shape it just used to be round, but I was secretly pleased.

My plans for today:

1.Recover from breakfast

2.Help Mr F & older boys with Easter projects

3.Read my new book in the bath (actually I have a kindle & reading it in the bath is not a good idea with my track record but a bath is not a bath unless it's boiling hot, deep, with a good book and children needing the toilet every 5 seconds)

I have finished Gabriel's Rapture and also just finished THIS.


It was good although I'm not sure if it was trying to be a love story, a bit supernatural or a Mafia/underworld kind of thing. It was a bit of all of them and very entertaining.

Next on my list is THIS.


 

 I'm not usually a fan of paranormal style books but I liked Twilight and True blood and this is supposed to be a cross between the two.

4.Work on my full body push ups. I know today is a rest day and I'm not going to go mad but I need to find a way to improve these. Starting on the bottom stair is the advice I found and then when you can do 15 move to the floor. Last night Mr F & I were cozied up watching the walking dead when the girl on it started doing one legged push ups. Show off (would love to do that!) Then I yelled "look she's doing inchworms, I do them") I didn't mention that mine don't quite look like hers!

My reflection on the week gone by? I worked out hard but punished my body by not fuelling it properly. This week I will eat more and continue to push myself. Only two more Cardio one workouts and this is also the last week of Phase 1. I am so determined to finish this programme and give it my all. The habit of working out 6 days a week is a good one to have. 30 minutes a day is all it takes, we can all find that, can't we?

Until tomorrow - Keep Pushing x





3 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki,
    I came across your MFP comments about you having a blog about the JM body revolution. I started the same day that you did so I have been reading your posts and just learned how to become a follower yesterday. Lol we seem to have a lot in common. We are the same age and busy moms. Your blog has helped me push play more than once so keep posting. Especially this week b/c I had gained for a couple of days and your words were encouraging. I agree 1200 calories may be too few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,

    Thank you for commenting and for taking the time to read this blog. I am glad I have inspired you to press play this week, it can be so hard to get the motivation to do it. Being a mum is hard but so rewarding but we need to remember to make time to improve our own fitness, for ours and our childrens sake! Gaining weight on this programme is dissapointing but not uncommon and like I said, I am seeing changes in my body and that's good enough for me. I will continue to post as it keeps me accountable and pressing play. Day 22 and workout 3 tomorrow, good luck
    Vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you too! Week four here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete