Monday 25 March 2013

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Day 22

Day 22 - Workout 3

Back to workout 3 today. I was anxious about this one today, a rest day coupled with the children from hell this morning left me feeling tired and uninspired. Still, it was time to suck it up and press play as I won't let a rough morning get me down.

So after taking the boys to school, I dropped Oscar at my mum's and got on with it. After the warm up came my first hurdle, push ups. I didn't get to practice yesterday so I decided to just do as many on my toes as I could. The problem with that is I struggle to do even 1 with correct form. I just can't get my chest to the mat and back up without sticking my butt in the air or having my hands to far forward. So I just made sure I had perfect form and did them from my knees.

I did manage to get my head around the plank into crescent today and got a few done correctly which I'm pleased about. Also the crab push ups were better, I find if you keep your behind dipped you work on your arms more (which is what Jillian says but I don't always listen to her!)

The side abdominal crunches hurt my hip bone (yes, I can actually feel a bone there now, yipee!) so I rock back a little so I'm not pushing on it. I really focused on this one today. I think a lot of the moves require less speed but more focus on form and range of movement although the inchworms I find better if I go faster!

The cool down on this workout troubles my knees. When you come onto your knees and lift your foot into your behind It really hurts my knees. I do not want to injure myself so I just stand and stretch my quads like normal. As long as you are stretching, that's the main thing.

So after a manic Monday trying to get 3 boys up & dressed and out the door, I forgot to wear my heart rate monitor on the school run (probably would have gone through the roof anyway seeing as how stressed I was!) Anyway I remembered it for my workout


Yep, workout 3 burnt 281 calories, not too shabby is it?

Food

Dinner tonight is going to be some of this


Or this


Oscar is coming down with something and you know how clingy 2 year olds get when they're poorly? He wont let me go long enough to prepare the prawn pasta salad that I had planned. Oh well that will most likely be tomorrows lunch.

I am off now to administer Calpol and cuddles - I hope all of you who did BR today got on ok and remember to Keep Pushing x

No comments:

Post a Comment